Journey to inspire, a gala for teens creating change!
Sunday, February 11, 2018 from 6pm-10pm @ The Fillmore
Devenio will be hosting its first annual Journey to inspire, a gala for teens creating change this winter at The Fillmore in Silver Spring. This unique gala is planned BY teens and FOR teens in support of Devenio's programs and events for individuals with disabilities and to also inspire students to use their voice to have a positive impact in their communities.
Join us for a red carpet night, featuring Honorary Chair, Deborah Phelps and Actor & International Speaker John Franklin Stephens. Enjoy performances by singer & songwriter, Bibi Bourelly and Devenio in Motion Dance company. The evening will include a silent auction, VIP guests, dancing, dinner, and more offering a night to remember. Additional celebrity appearances to be announced soon!
(1) One single admission ticket to The Journey to Inspire Teen Gala. No Devenio Dollars are included for bidding at the silent auction.
(1) One single admission ticket to The Journey to Inspire Teen Gala, PLUS this ticket includes $25 Devenio Dollars to be used for bidding at the silent auction.
2) Two admission tickets to The Journey to Inspire Teen Gala. This includes $50 Devenio Dollars for EACH attendee to be used for bidding at the silent auction.
HOnorary Gala Chair,
Deborah Phelps is the Executive Director of the Education Foundation of the Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc. Ms. Phelps began her career in education as a teacher at Havre de Grace Middle School in 1974. Deborah’s role evolved from teacher to team leader to department chair, which has served as the foundation of her successful role in administration. A highly sought-after motivational speaker and author, Ms. Phelps addresses a range of topics related to education, child development, health, and life lessons. We are thrilled to have such a voice at the Journey to inspire teen gala sharing her passion for giving back to the community with our attendees!
"Bibi" Bourelly is a German singer and songwriter signed to Def Jam Recordings. She is the writer of several notable songs including Rihanna's "B&tch Better Have My Money" and "Higher" and Nick Brewer's "Talk to Me." We are thrilled to have such a talented individual, who is also from Montgomery County, performing at the Journey to inspire teen gala!
*disclaimer: should Bibi be called to an event post Grammy's, she will not be able to come to the gala.
Honorary gala member,
John Franklin Stephens
Recently on Season 2 of Born This Way, author & frequent contributor to Huffington Post, and advocate-International Self Advocate speaker and leading spokesperson in ending the derogatory use of the R- word having gone head to head with Ann Coulter and Gary Owen. Frank also happens to have Down syndrome and speaks of how lucky he feels to live in a generation where all things are possible for a man with Down syndrome. We are thrilled to have such a inspirational speaker share his powerful message with those attending the gala!
- VIP Seating Available:
- Be one of the first ten (10) students to raise $1,500 total and secure a balcony cushion for you and three (3) friends in the VIP area. This includes a special VIP goody bag, access to celebrity photo stations and reserved cushion for seating in the balcony level. *
- Two (2) Balcony Lounge areas are available to the first two students who raise $10,000 each. Each winning student will be be given VIP access upon arrival to the gala through the artist entrance along with seven (7) of their friends. Lounge area is stocked with it's own food, includes a special VIP goody bag, access to celebrity photo stations, and reserved seating.*
- Tickets: Create an online fundraising page and raise $150 OR purchase your ticket HERE.
- Attire: This is a black tie event.
- All attendees MUST be in high school.
- Silent Auction: Funds raised by students that exceed the ticket price may be used to bid on silent auction items at the gala! (Auction items will be announced beginning late January)
- All students must either raise $150 via their fundraising page OR tickets can be purchased HERE via LiveNation Events.
- For those who purchase tickets, we encourage you to also create a fundraising page to be able to participate in the silent auction.
- Use funds raised over $150 to bid on silent auction items.