DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS
5K & 1K KIDS DASH - WASHINGTON, DC
Saturday, June 1, 2019
The only event dedicated to Down Syndrome Awareness that stops traffic in the nation's capital. #stoptraffic4ds
Recently named the 2017 BEST 5K by RunWashington, Race4Respect™ 5K & 1K Kids Dash was founded on the belief that if given an opportunity to experience an event together with someone who has Down syndrome, or any other disability, it will help to eliminate negative stereotypes and judgments. These are the people that will one day be more inclined to hire these individuals, help them at the bus stop, chat with them at a coffee shop, or simply believe in their ability before automatically dismissing them as unable. Race4Respect™ offers a USATF sanctioned 5K, 1K Kids Dash and a Virtual Race Option on the most coveted course in Washington, DC. This is a family friendly event with beautiful views!
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS, #stoptraffic4ds
2019 RACE4RESPECT™, 5K & 1K KIDS DASH
Friday 5/31 Packet Pick Up
• Sweetbay Yoga, 5456 Westbard Ave., Bethesda, MD 20816
Saturday Race Day
• 7:30am On Site Registration Opens
• 8:15am Festivities Begin with Emcee’s Debra Alfarone and Frank Stephens
• 8:45am On Site Registration and Packet Pick Up Close
• 8:55am National Anthem
• 9:00am 5K Starts
• 9:45am 1K Kids Dash Starts
• 10:15am Prizes Awarded
• 11:00am Streets Open
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS, #stoptraffic4ds
RACE4RESPECT™, 5K & 1K KIDS DASH
Race4Respect™ 5K & 1K Kids Dash, presented by Koons of Silver Spring will be held Saturday, June 1, 2019 on Pennsylvania Ave., in Washington, DC.
• REGISTER and run the 5K, 1K Kids dash or Virtual Race! Strollers welcome.
• Age group awards
• Top 1, 2, 3 Place Winners in Male & Female Category WIN
• WIN with a Team of 21 Runners!
• First 21 teams to reach the min of 21 5K runners, and raise a total of $441 ($21 per registrant) will each win a FREE SCOUT bag cooler bag!
• Three largest teams will win a Special Education Grant for their school. See details HERE.
• The RESPECT PATROL will be randomly choosing Teams who have reached 21 registrants beginning May 14th, to visit at their school or business! Stay tuned on social media for more details!
• VOLUNTEER and enjoy the day and amazing views for a great cause!
• FUNDRAISE and support the TeamUp School Special Education Grant Awards! All funds raised go towards the special education scholarship grants for winning schools in the DC metro area. Support Down Syndrome Awareness by supporting an inclusive community!
FROM PLANNING TO RACE DAY,
Race4Respect™ requires a large planning committee and team of volunteers for two-three weeks leading up to the actual race. We have big jobs like registration or volunteer manager as well as small and specific jobs such as creating a flyer or email marketing template. Race week and day volunteer jobs will be posted in the upcoming months. Company, school or organization teams of volunteers are welcome!
SPEAKERS & PERFORMANCES
We are thrilled to announce that Debra Alfarone, Edward R. Murrow award winning TV Anchor & Reporter, On-Camera Confidence Coach, and TEDx & Keynote Speaker AND John Franklin “Frank” Stephens, an American disability advocate, actor and athlete will co-hosting the Sixth Annual Race4Respect on June 1st, 2019!
Both Debra and Frank have become regulars at the festive and inspiring Race4Respect™
on Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington, DC. We look forward to their positive energy and flair for inspiration that lights up all that they do. Who better to lead us in our celebration of Down Syndrome Awareness than someone who excels in her craft of storytelling, and someone who has used uses his story to advocate on behalf of so many? We can’t wait to get the race started with Debra and Frank- hope to see you there!
WIN A GRANT FOR YOUR SCHOOL
TEAM UP CHALLENGE
Giving Back to the Community! Race4Respect™ is committed to serving individuals with Down syndrome by supporting their entire community. The TeamUp School Challenge awards special education grants to school teams. In 2017, R4R awarded three grants to schools who have implemented programs and services to support individuals with Down syndrome and other disabilities within their schools to achieve a more inclusive environment.
BUILDING AN INSPIRED COMMUNITY TOGETHER
Thank you to Interested in joining 2019 Race4Respect™ sponsorship team?
Download our sponsorship document HERE or contact email@example.com.
“What I thought was going to be a jog around the city, turned out to be the best 5K in Washington, DC!” -R4R Participant